Thursday 20 September 2012

SBS: Jennifer del Prete


SPOTLIGHT ON SHAKEN-BABY SYNDROME


The sister of convicted home daycare worker Jennifer Del Prete sent this note to the Medill Innocence Project. Del Prete has been incarcerated since 2005 for allegedly shaking an infant, resulting in her death nearly a year later. We have been investigating Del Prete’s case since March, and filed motions in federal court in August to access medical records in the case.

Published: Sept. 19, 2012

I want to extend my gratitude to all students and professors involved in this project. This is an amazing thing that you are doing offering more resources and expertise to the falsely accused and their families. We feel so lost, so helpless to fight for my sister Jenni’s freedom. The legal system is so complicated and so extensively and horrifically turned its back on us in my sister’s case. My eyes are blurry with tears because I am so happy and thankful that you took so much time and care to investigate her case. On behalf of my whole family and all her supporters we thank you for doing such great work to find the facts. You are so brave to push the limits with your access and use all your rights and freedoms to find justice for all.


I encourage you to continue your good work for not only my sister Jenni but all potentially wrongfully convicted victims. I look forward to reading and hearing more of your work on her case as you access medical evidence. I am so impressed with the experts you have spoken with already.


My sincerest gratitude,

Summer Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment